Soodonims began its Disposable Email Service in 2008 and served its members for the following 8 years. The business model was simple… there was none.
We offered it for free for 4 or 5 years and then realized operating and supporting thousands of users required staff, full-time staff. And staff required money. So, we add features and began charging for premium accounts.
We then realized that the internet is a big place, and it has its share of people who abuse what is good. To shore up and protect what we had was too big a job for our group, and so with 2 years notice, we slowly shut down.
That was not the end of
- The product is under new management. Virtugard.com, a security consulting firm, showed interest in offering Soodonims to the public. Virtugard knows and understands security, and this was their primary priority.
- New servers, faster and more secure
- We are now SSL compliant and carry a SecurLock certificate
- User interface has been reviewed and simplified
- Virtugard assembled a dedicated development and support staff
- There is a well thought out business model in place, centered around advertisements. We expect to generate enough revenue from these ads to help offset our expenses
- Abuses from without, now have technical solutions. We have addressed weaknesses that previously caused a denial of service, that caused outages and abuse of our servers.
- The system is now being monitored 24x7
- We have a professional product manager in place with a documented roadmap and agile development plan
- We have abandoned the policy of having new versions every 2 years or so. New features will be added continually. We will provide a log of these new features so you can see what has changed every time you check in